Wednesday 18 January 2012

Burgh Castle again

I had a look again at Breydon today at 8am walking out from Burgh Castle and taking the path for 300 yards and walkin north- east, I could see a lot of Redshank c40 this side of the channel and they flew further along. sadly, the weather conditions were poor with oveercast cloud, light rain and a moderately strong westerly blowing into my face. No chance of any photography this morning. A Stonechat flew up (my first of thee year) and over the west over the water. A bird flew up from the grassy area in front of me the other side of the flood barrier, it was an excellent Twite and 4 additional birds joined it, and they were seen briefly out in the open, 5 excellent Twite the pale chestnut faces and yellow bills were noted before they hopped over into cover, I had to go too, it was 8.30am, to get back to work in time for 9am. Very nice to see them and my first sighting of this species for several years.

No comments: