Wednesday 11 January 2012

"Bullies" return

On Tuesday 10th January, whilst driving slowly past Rollesby Broad, I could see the Great Northern Diver on the east side of the Broad plus a very close male Goldeneye on the west side of the Broad, couldn't stop as I was off to Martham Library.
The plaintiff "pouu" calls of Bullfinches at lunchtime Wednesday 11th January (although I couldn't face any food) had me looking out of the bedroom window today, I was off work with an ongoing bad attack of presumed food poisoning which has affected poor Jenny too. We may have picked it up whilst eating out at Gorleston eatery laughing called a "cafe" one lunchtime (Monday). The pair of Bullfinches have returned to the garden at 1.40pm feeding presumably on the sprouting buds from the Cherry tree (a sign of the very mild weather). The male was typically resplendent with peachy pink breast and underparts, the female a more subdued but striking coffee brown colour.

No comments: