Friday 14 August 2020

Silver Y in the Lounge and North Denes

On the evening of Thursday 13th August, a Silver Y flew into the lounge and heading for the lights I managed to catch it and rallies it unharmed outside. On Friday 14th August I headed to the North Denes in the evening and saw I partial ad summer plumage Mediterranean Gull and 2 Common Gulls. A couple of Common Terns and Several close flying Sandwich Terns flew north a group of 4, 3 and 1 very close bird. Nice to see Phil J and his wife. By the Shrike a bush a "churr" eventually revealed a female Whitethroat. The whole area round by the net posts was fenced off and the North Denes park was definitely a work in progress. I make no comment on my thoughts about this, but I just hope they replace the historic fish drying racks which are degrading rapidly and several destroyed for the diggers to rampage through.

No comments: