Sunday 23 August 2020

Printing notes and cock Pheasant's last stand?

On Sunday 23rd August, for most of the morning I was printing out the last 5 years of my blog observations (note to self: should do this every 6 weeks or so now and do not leave it so long!) just in case I lost the blog. I had to delete both the header and sub-header pictures so I could save on ink being used. Unfortunately, I can't seem to reinstate the sub- header (on the legacy blogger) and a look on Google failed to reveal any tips. At 6.30pm, a cock Pheasant was calling its barking call from fallow fields building site and I spied him on the mud just beyond the "U" shaped road, along the western edge. I wonder what has happened to his family? I am confident this was the same bullish and very virile cock Pheasant that was with 2 females earlier in the year, just beyond the fence. Did he sire a family and what has happened to them? Wonderful to see him, will this be the last time? (Library picture taken of probably the same bird in the spring before the site was developed).

No comments: