Monday 7 October 2019

Bramblings and Shore Lark

On Monday 7th October, first light birding I heard and saw 2 Bramblings flying west over the north end of Gunton Old Rail track plus what may have been the immature female Ring Ouzel flew into a bushy area, some cracking heard so may well have been the bird. At Corton Old Sewage works as I reached the lane running north west of the complex, a Fox was staring back at me from the vegetation sadly it moved as i got the camera out. I heard a rasping Brambling. After work, a trip to Hamilton road, because Rob Win had come up trumps yet again with a superb Shore Lark find at the old coastguards at the southern end of Ness Point. I saw James B. by the railings along, northern tip of the concreted area and he said the bird was just south of here. He'd also seen 2 Redstarts. After a few minutes the superb Shore Lark, was seen feeding by the gravel and puddles before it suddenly flew over to the old coastguards. James left and I used the radio mast tower to shield myself while I took a few shots as it ran and fed along the top walkway which headed south then west as the bird fed, I got a couple of nice shots albeit in poor light. Andrew E arrived and it then ran back along the top walkway, then it flew back to the gravel area.

No comments: