Wednesday 12 February 2020

No SEO at Carlton Marshes

On Wednesday 12th February, at 4pm I arrived at Carlton Marshes and walking down the main track over the Scrape I saw a a female Stonechat on a gate and a fine Great White Egret flying west at about 4.20pm. Having rang Jane F, I realised I had guessed wrong and walked quickly back east down the main track and past Spratts Water to the area by the Poplar trees to look over the marshy area for SEO's non of them but up to 3 fine Barn Owls hunting (but no sighting of SEO's), a male Stonechat on a reed and a Kingfisher darted past us (Jane & Paul F and I) and flew north low over the ground. As I walked back past Spratts Water , along the bushes to the left I must have unintentionally disturbed around 200 roosting Wood Pigeons.

No comments: