Friday 7 October 2016

Slav Grebe (at last!) & Ring Ouzel

Another before work trip this morning on Friday 7th October, only having time to look in the bowl at Oulton Broad, just east of the Mutford Lock Bridge, the Slavonian Grebe was seen over the far side, diving frequently it swam towards the jetty and then into the patch of water nearer the bridge. But as I made my way around it swam back past the jetty and over to the far side again (losing its previously confiding nature) I managed a few record shots in extremely poor light the camera was registering ISO 5000! Also send was a Kingfisher flying left and a posse of 15 Long- tailed Tits flew by. After work a look at Gunton Cliffs revealed few birds other than calling Goldcrests, seeing Nick B, I gave him a lift back to his home and I was rewarded for my good deed with reasonable views of a Ring Ouzel feeding on Mountain Ash berries on a Rowan tree in the back garden of Rembrandt Close. We watched it for 15 minutes before it flew at 6.15pm low and left presumably going to roost? Matt G drew up and saw it too plus a colleagues from the JPH who lived nearby.

No comments: