Wednesday 5 October 2016

Redstart 1 Slav Grebe 0 (2nd night running)

On Tuesday 4th October, just after 6pm I rushed down after work to to Oulton Broad checking round the Mutford Lock rail bridge and Oulton Broad itself around the Wherry all I saw where 5 Mallard in the basin, a Rat on the Jetty and a Devil's Coach Horse Beetle on the pavement, no chance to check the rest of Lake Lothing as dusk had fallen. On Wednesday 5th October, having to be in at work at 7.45am no chance for a pre-work look & with no news on the Slav by the late afternoon at 4pm when I left work, I checked Corton OSW & ORT, plus Gunton Woods and ORT first, saw a Redstart fly out from the bushes and dive into a tree a third of the way down from the south end. Presumably the same bird Rob Win had seen earlier. Also a group of LT Tits, 2 Goldcrests, Chiff- Chaff & Robin. I also checked lake Lothing from 6-6.30pm it was getting dusk and all I saw was a wp Little Grebe. I will try again tomorrow morning (don't have to be in work until 9am again giving more training).

No comments: