Monday 26 April 2010

Yellow Wagtails!

First thing this morning, I saw an incredible flock of 11 Yellow Wagtails ( including 7 males) on the North Denes Oval early morning. They were on the grass near the eastern wall. Before poking the camera lens through the slit in the wall, I took off the lens visor cover and put it on the ground next to me and in a moment of high comedy reminiscent of the "Goodies" and "The Benny Hill Show" a black Labrador dog picked the cover up in it's mouth running off with me in hot pursuit! Even I was laughing, but only after I had retrieved the cover. I managed to get a few shots of the Wagtails before a barking dog flushed all the birds off to the middle of the Oval.
A Common Seal was seen poking it's head out of the sea around 500 yards away from the beach.
Back on the North Denes I saw up to 6 Wheatears (4 males and 2 females) with 4 in one area near a pipe and 1 very obliging male Wheatear perched on the small tap wall and then I managed to crawl within 15 feet and fire off a few shots with the 7D camera. It was now 8.45am and time to leave for work.

No comments: