Sunday 11 April 2010

More Adders



Another look for Adders at the same site, revealed a female Adder slithering through the heather undergrowth at the same site I had seen them yesterday. Earlier I had seen another Viviparous Lizard. Down at the bottom, just before the pylon Jenny saw a large Grass Snake cross the path and then slightly north of the pylon, another female Adder was basking underneath some branches but she moved as I spotted and she settled under a log where I was able to show her to Jenny who had accompanied me this morning. Later the female Adder was seen behind the log & initially I saw her head on looking at me and she then retreated underneath the undergrowth. A Willow Warbler was heard here too and a Brimstone flew down the path too.
Looking at the site at the bottom by the small silver birches a group of Herpetological Society people were doing a reptile & amphibian survey all over the site so decided to leave them to it & retrace our steps.
I have included some more photos of one of yesterday's male Adders.

No comments: