Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Sunday, 30 August 2026
Hen reedbeds trip
On Saturday 29th August, I drove to Hen reedbeds, nothing under the corregated iron but I then walked out and as I walked along I heard and the saw a Common Sandpiper which flew right over the far bank. I walked on and saw 3 Redshank on the small muddy pool by the hide, I then discovered 2 fine Little Stints and joined by Richard D. he found a third Little Stint, at one point they flew around and were briefly joined in flight by a Greenshank which then flew north- east. The birds were then joined by a Green Sandpiper which fed in the middle of the pool. Richard had the Osprey, it was by a telegpah pool, I then looked west and by the edge of the estuary, the fine Osprey was perched on a post. Meanwhile looking east, 11 Spoonbills were seen. I then explored the north- east corner of the Wangford Quarry and by the dead tree , 20 foot up, I saw around 12 Hornets flying by the hole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment