Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Thursday, 27 August 2026
Benacre & Corton bonus
On Wednesday, I drove to benacre after my half day and it was really nice to catch up with Dick W. along the cliff top. Dick told me what he had seen and I saw exactly the same. From the hide there was a lot pf birds, ducks, waders and gulls. First of all the White- rumped Sandpiper was showing slightly better, a dimunitive small greyish brown wader with elongated body feeding around the dumpier Dunlin and 8 Curlew Sandpipers, a Ruff, orange Knot and c30 Black- tailed Godwits seen. meanwhile an 1st year Caspain Gull seen whilst at the back of the Broad neater the bush stood a lone Spoonbill, which woke up and its bill proved it was an immature bird. As I walked back between the hedge, suddenly 3 Wheatears popped in and then late flew south. A trip to Hen Reedbeds was very poor nothing really seen, it was extremely low tide with 3 Little Egrets, 5 Curlew and 3 Black-tailed Godwits. Hearing of showy Pied Fly and Redstart, I raced back to Corton Churchyard and parked up at 6.50pm. Standing by the car park, a fine P<b>ied Flycatcher perched in the Birch tree along the eastern hedge and even perched on nrearby gravestones hunting for food, a fine Redstart joined it on gravestones further back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment