Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Thursday, 27 August 2026
Muggy migrants
On Thursday 27th September, on a very muggy and humid day, an early morning dash to see a Wryneck on Gunton Warren was unsuccessful, a Wheatear flew onto a path directly in front of me, though. After work, I drove staright to Stirrups Lane and joined Jeremy and Jon B. in the south- west corner of the field to view a second fine Wryneck initially feeding on the edge of the field between the stubble and the fence. The Wryneck would occasionally fly up and seen perching on the fence and a bramble bush as well as a dead tree. Also in the field, initially by the edge, a fine Tree Pipit walked out, its larger size, strong bill proved it to be an immature Tree Pipiit. Just right of there, a fine Pied Flycatcher perched on the fence for quite a while. It was later seen perched here again. At Corton Churchyard, the Pied Flycatcher was seen briefly in the birch tree and the Redstart appeared on the back gravestone and as I walked around south-west corner, I could hear another redstart calling and it flew into a bush, a definite second Redstart. I then joined Rob Wil, Erin, Andrew and Rob H. We sytematically walked the denes first southj, where I disturbed another Tree Pipit that flew out and we all saw a second Tree Pipit which flew up and setlled by a path near the Oval. (Pics to be added).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment