Tuesday 25 June 2024

Rosie along Middleton Road, Gorleston

On Tuesday 18th June, news broke that the Rose- coloured Starling photographed in Gorleston was finally seen and pinned down to the vicinity of no.72 Middleton Road, just 5 minutes drive from the Hospital. So immediately after work I headed down there and drove back from the St.Andrew's Church roundabout and was fortunate enough to see both Rob Wil and Dave H. The only problem I had was I had no optics with me but Dave very kindly loaned me his bins as Rob directed me to the bird perched back onto roof tiles. later it did hop down and was by the lower front roof. sadly the bird was constantly 'hecking' coughing whether it had some parasite or tapeworm in it causing this constant 'coughing'. Otherwise it was a resplendent dault with alternate pink and black colouration with pink bill, mantle, rump and underparts and a shaggy black head crest and black wings lower flanks, wings, wing coverts and lower uppertail coverts and tail. It then flew to the top of the roof, before dropping down and disappearing, nice to see for around 20 minutes or so.

No comments: