Saturday 18 May 2024

Minsmere double

A trip to Minsmere on Saturday 11th May revealed little & I missed all my target birds. A trip on Sunday 12 May afternoon was better, I enetered the West hide again and again no sign of the TS, there was a Ringed Plover on an island to the left plus 30 Black- tailed Godwits, 3 Bar- tailed Godwits and an an island at the back right a 1st year Little Gull was sleeping, it did wake up stretch its wings and went staright back to sleep! Someone asked about the TS & slightly afterwards, I saw a diminutive wader, a fine Temminck's Stint, mousey grey brown with straw coloured legs fly away and over to the north- east section of the East Scrape. At the Island Mere, I waited on thw walkway outside I waited for 2 and a half hours and saw 2 separate Bitterns fly in at mid distance one in good light picked up to late to photograph and the other one looking into the light, another 3 flights away from the nests. I saw a Dragonfly species perched on a reed mid-distance, too far to ID but possibly a 4 Spotted Chaser?

No comments: