Sunday 4 June 2023

Man Orchids in the heart of Norfolk & Rockland Black Tern

On Wednesday 31st May, I drove to the heart of Norfolk. Parking up crossing a busy road, I walked across under a low hanging branch with black and yellow tape then turning right. Walking up and on the right were 3 superb Man orchids, the one further back were slightly past their best but the closest one to the path was prsitine especially at the top of the plant. It was overcast on Wednesday but I went back on Friday 2nd June and the lovely evening sunlight showed them off to their best. I then travelling back called in at Rockland Broad, travelling past the village and south then took the car park on the left and walked past the pub and down the footpath to Rockland Broad where I walked for just over half a mile hearing several Willow Warblers calling and past the hide, looking out over the Broad, plenty of Swifts over the Broad and over to the right the super Black tern would be seen in its dipping Marsh tern like flight often wheeling round then diving down to the water's edge and the flying right and out of sight again. A Cuckoo calling flew right past me.

No comments: