Wednesday 14 June 2023

Carlton Marshes go around

On Wednesday 14th June afternoonn/ early evening, I visited Carlton Marshes and was disappointed a chap had blocked the temporary car park and he refused to budge rather than confront him as I could have done I parked the far end but had to immediately divert around as the Mute Swan family wiuth 6 cygnets were on the Spratts Water path. I tried to get past giving them a wide berth but the male lunged at me and I made a hasty retreat! Others had successfully bypassed them but not me! By the dyke area, yet again no sign of the Fen Raft Spiders, I have tried seeing them but haven't seen them for 5 long years! 5 young Swallows were perched in low hanging branches and the adults were coming in to feed them. I managed to sneak up on one (just with my 180mm macro lens and take a few pics without disturbing them.

No comments: