Sunday 11 June 2023

A trip to deepest Suffolk

On Sunday 11th June, a visit into deepest suffolk, in a wonderful area for Turtle Doves, as I parked up I could here them immediately purring away and walking along the eastern edge of the site, 1 fine Turtle Dove perched in a tree and walking to the north of the site another Turtle Dove seen perched on overhead wires. As I walked over to the west of the site, a Turtle Dove perched bya telegraph pole too. Some teenagers walking down the road sadly disturbed it. There were several 5 Yellowhammers seen, the first seen in a nearby bush a male and a female with food in her bill, I left her to it. As I parked up, then one singing from the top of a tree along the west of the site. Finally one showed well in a bush in the middle of the site. I also saw a fine Spotted flycatcher on the western perimeter of the site and many gone Green- winged orchids c100 seen too. A trip to the Frog orchid site revealed a singing Yellowhammer which flew to a tree and in the usual spot, a well down trodden path led to an obvious Frog Orchid, eventuallly I found 5 more just to the left of that plant, so 6 Frog orchids seen in total.

No comments: