Sunday 2 October 2022

Initial poor luck, but then a pop-up Yellow- brow

On Saturday 25th September, Andrew E had seen a Continental Coal Tit in Score, parking up I saw Andrew walking back and I did see a Holly Blue butterfly the north end of the score, but that's all I saw. I had left my phone at home and Andrew E had tweeted that he had seen a tired Mealy Redpoll, fly in off the sea at Ness Point, about the time I checked the Netposts area seeing nothing I hadn't continued onto the Point. So after returning home, I drove back down to Ness Point and couldn't find the Mealy Redpoll although rather ominously there was a Magpie in the compund where the Mealy had last been seen. On Sunday 26th September, I walked down the western hedge of Corton Old Sewage works, a Chiff- Chaff was singing and just a few metres past the NW corner, I saw the excellent Yellow- browed Warbler pop from the weeds and then into the Willow showed well briefly before disappearing, an hour later the bird called 3X in quick succession but we couldn't see it. I also saw a Hornet. I left to check a report of an LT Skua off Corton, (soon as I left James B relocated the YBW) all I saw on the sea was a Grey Seal, which was nice, it was popping its head from time to time, but I would have preferred to see the Skua. The sea was completely birdless, when I looked. Later on after Andrew E had a Caspian Gull along North Beach, it had gone by the time I arrived.

No comments: