Saturday 15 October 2022

Merveille and Dartford

A message from John H and I was soon making my way over to Hemsby in Norfolk and we saw the fine Merveille De Jour moth, which when released crawled under a leaf so John decided to recapture it and release it safely at night, also seen was a bonus Mallow by the back fence. Back home, I then looked around the North Beach, Ness Point and Birds Eye and very little save for a Stock Dove fly into the former gas turbine yard and 9 Turnstone and that was it no sign of the 'confiding Brambling', at Ness Pt nor the 2 Caspians at North Beach or the Snow B along the seawall. At 4.30pm, a tweet from James W. and I went down to Gunton Warren in the wryneck/ shrike area, just 50 yds north of there and the grey post, I saw a flock of 5 LT Tits, 2 Blue Tit and Goldcrest and then the fine Dartford Warbler flew out of some bracken and headed towards a bramble, I heard it "churr once too, all around 5pm, but only seen and heard the once.

No comments: