Friday 24 June 2022

The Elephants weren't Tongue tied

On Wednesday 22nd June, I had a half day off work and then drove into very deepest Suffolk, to see a rare Lesser Tongue Orchid (now sadly not considered wild but still nice to see) a place with sev Spotted orchids seen here too. The Lesser Tongue Orchids were caged and just by the side of a path just 20 metres up from a gate. Sadly one of the plants had been nibbled by something and died but the second plant was in robust health. I then drove to Hemsby, a terrible journey as I had to divert via Wroxgham where I sat in a traffic jam for 25 minutes to see John H, who had kindly trapped 2 Lesser Elephant Hawk Moths (a new species for me, almost a third smaller than the Elephants(, 5 Elephant Hawk Moths & 1 Privet Hawk Moth.

No comments: