Sunday 26 June 2022

Dark Green Fritillaries & another reasonably obliging Hummer

Its been a while since I last saw Dark Green Fritillaries so on Sunday 26th June, I drove to the Horsey Nelson Head track, took the mile walk down to the end, seeing Small Skipper and Small Tortoiseshell as I walked down as soon as I got to the end, I headed south and immediately saw quite a few Dark Green Fritillaries, they were very flighty and in the brisk breeze, they weren't allowing any close approach. I decided to walk to a group of flowering bramble bushes around 200 metres south and this strategy paid off as the Dark Green Fritillaries were regularly attarcetd to the bramble flowers. I also saw a Hummingbird Hawk Moth too. Many thanks once again to Jane & Paul F for the detailed directions.

No comments: