Saturday 14 November 2020

Greater Yellowlegs still in poor light

On Wednesday 11th November, I had a half day and I immediately headed back to Walbersw at 1.30pm, but dismayed to see dark cloud. The wind was increasing too, so no chance on the EYW's so I walked straight to the Yellowlegs pool, a hard mile slog south on the shingle. I bumped into B and he said it was still there by the Little Egret at the back there. When I arrived the excellent Greater Yellowlegs was fortunately much closer, sheltering against the wind by a muddy bank on the right where there was an opening and it would occasionally walk to the back and out of sight before walking back again. It then spent a lot of time sheltering here. Nice to see aidan fro m CEFAS and amazingly a London birder wanted a lift to the nearest rail station, I politely declined, but absolutely no way illegal given the latest COVID-19 lockdown restrictions and a high chance of possible infection!

No comments: