Saturday 14 November 2020

Dusky Warbler along the North Denes

On Tuesday 10th November, at first light I was down on Lowestoft's North Denes following Robert Wil's tweet from yesterday having found a Dusky on North Denes, I made my way to the first shelter belt north of the Oval and initially no sign, I looked around the Oval seeing very little but a tweet from Andrew E and I joined him looking in the scrub and bracken at the base of the North Denes slope opposite the first shelter belt north of the Oval. The chakking could be heard immediately and the bird was elusive but the excellent Dusky Warbler showed well briefly at 8.05am, I saw the bird back on in the bracken and it flew back into a tree and the distinct supercilia could be seen in glimpses. We moved toward the second shelter belt and a Tit flock moved through and Andrew E spotted a Firecrest, obviously not doubting this at all, but inconclusive views for me, so I still await my first 2020 Firecrest in Lowestoft.

No comments: