Saturday 18 July 2020

Another poor day

Saturday 18 June, I headed to several local churchyards for Spooted Flycatchers but failed to see any, in the afternoon I headed to Corton Woods, where I saw James W who had just found a Silver washed Fritillary, an extremely difficult butterfly to see in Suffolk (did see my first 2 at Theberton last year) True to form it did't show for me, but did briefly show again from both James & the newly arrived Andrew E, I was looking elsewhere and missed it, I went back to look for it and then they found a WL Hairstreak a butterfly I haven't seen for 8 years when I went back to look for the Fritillary! A further 2 hours failed to reveal it. Lots of Peacock butterflies seen though, c50.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Peter, there are now loads of woods in Suffolk where Silver-washed Fritillary occurs. I saw them at Theberton a week ago but have also had them at Bradfield Woods, Market Weston, Combs Wood, Bonny Wood...
Cheers
Chris