Friday 23 August 2019

A Cricket and a Chat

On Wednesday 21st August having the afternoon off I looked around North Denes, first thing I saw I had put my camera bag down and a Roesel's Bush Cricket (a first for me) hopped on the big camera bag, not being hasty enough in retrieving my macro lens, the Cricket had crawled down the side and I only obtained a poor reccrd shot. ( Will post the record shot later when I have freed some space on the computer as it choice a block at the moment) This was 15 metres north east of the northern most shelter belt. Rob Will had kindly said the Brown Argus butterflies were in the short grass in the southern most part of the Denes just north of the Oval, I searched there and saw a mel Emperor Dragonfly but that was all I saw. Walking back to the car park, a Whinchat was seen in the vegetation and it flew to vegetation near the sea wall. I was about to get a picture and a dog walker went passed and it disappeared. Around 30 BH Gulls in the car park and 5 Common Terns on the groynes too.

No comments: