Saturday 25 February 2012

Week of Dips

Wednesday 22nd February, I tried early morning for the WT eagle which was seen in a field near Filby, missed it be 10 minutes. I saw a Great- crested Grebe crouched low over the water on Rollesby broad. Very disappointing especially as I was one of the very few people that missed the Eagle the previous year. Thursday 23rd February, I tried for the 5 Ibis's seen on Berney marshes, arriving at Burgh Castle early morning I saw Peter A, the finder, but the birds had flown behind a cottage and in the 30 minutes I was there there didn't reappear. However amongst a flock of 200 Brent Geese were 2 Pale- bellied Brent Geese. Lunchtime and 3 of the Ibis' had flown. But none were showing in the 30 minutes I had there. early morning Saturday 25th February no Goosanders at the "dead end" ie Caldecott road end of Oulton Broad.

No comments: