Saturday 5 February 2011

45 Waxwings

Having had a tip off from Alan B that Waxwings were in the Clover Way/ Gunton area last Thursday, I finally had a look Saturday morning and he was as good as his word because at 10.50am, I located 41 Waxwings all perched high up near the base of a telegraph post along Clover Way directly opposite the junction to Squire's Walk. These wonderful birds were trilling away merrily and flew down in small groups to berry bushes including one house on the corner with berries and perched just feet away from me, pity the light was so poor.
Another small group of about 9 Waxwings flew west along Clover Way across the road and fed in a berry bush, 2 houses west of the junction.
They all flew back again and a further 4 birds joined them totalling 45 Waxwings in all. Finally I saw James W walking over (after I texted him; he lives nearby) and I showed him where the birds were.

No comments: