Sunday 7 January 2024

Shake Rattle and Roll!

On Sunday 7th January, I looked at Mutford Lock, Oulton Broad where 2 Little Grebes behind the Wherry, and Lake Lothing where it was nice to meet up with Rob Wil & his children. Driving to Hamilton Dock nothing there but I had a text to say Rob has seen the GND by the Lowestoft Cruising Club along Lake Lothing. Parking up, I saw Rob Wil & he said it was difficult but Andrew was down there I saw Andrew who siad it was heading for the railway bridge & he'd also seen an Otter by the wreck, I saw some ripples but no Otter for me, which I still need for Lowestoft. Better luck back at Mutford Lock, where the excellent immature Great Northern Diver swam straight towards me, it then raised itself on its haunches to flap its wings and had a good shake hence the Shake Rattle & Roll title (re: Bill Haley & the Comets Rock around the (Mutford) Lock anyone?!). Then again crouching low by the surface of the water. Sometimes when it dived it disappeared for a while before eventually resurfacing and heading back past the railway bridge.

No comments: