Saturday 13 January 2024

Fruitless search

On Saturday 13th January, I searched for Waxwings around Lowestoft but no sign, no sign of the Diver for me around Mutford Lock and I went to the road just past Ellough Church saw Paul & Jane F but no sign of the Brambling they had seen earlier. I did however see a nice flock of 53 Fieldfare along the road just past the second bend south of the church along the east field. A single Redwing was in amongst them. As I parked up several Fieldfare was reasonably close to the car so I took some pictures from the car, as I did so a Hare hopped past. Later on I looked for a Finch flock around the Church and the Grey Partridges but no sign for me. I also checked the fields around Mutford and saw a single flock of 12 Lapwing off College Lane but that was it.

No comments: