Sunday 7 January 2024

Bird repellant?

On Saturday 6th January, I parked in Commodore road and walked up to the Mutford Lock Bridge, the fine immature Great Northern Diver was there but sitting very low in the water, holding its head just parallel to the water line. It dived and I didn't see it again! I lookeda t Lake Lothing and from Asda, nothing seen there either. I drove over to Ellough, checked the wrong area sandy Lane I then went to sandpit Lane from the Industrial Estate I took the road winding left from there which opened out into field and looking across a alrge field to the left looking back over the road to Beccles I immediately saw a very fine covey of 7 Grey Partridges sheltering near the telegraph pole. These were my first local ones for 8, yes EIGHT years! I drove to Kessingland checked the pools, the beach up to the Snow B feeding area and down to Pakefield Lighthouse nothing there checked the shore and shore pools and saw nothing except Mute Swans (3) seen and 1 Sky Lark. The reedy area I checked there nothing save for a female Reed Bunting.

No comments: