Sunday 13 September 2020

Little Stint at Easton Broad

On Sunday 13th September, I drove to Covehithe, as I was parking up by the flowering Ivy, I was really pleased to note 3 Ivy Bees, sadly I had too leave my macro camera at home as I knew I was facing an exhausting 3 mile walk and in any case I wanted to beat the dog walkers to the Broad, 2 had already gone ahead of me and it was still before 9am! Reaching Easton broad there were around 40 Greylag Geese and 40 Mallard, all by the edge and I had to be very careful not to spook them, I eventually saw the 2 waders running along the Broad edge, the excellent Little Stint and a Dunlin along the extreme north- eastern edge of the Broad, I went over and planted myself behind some Marram grass but the Stint was running around like a Sanderling (or an avian version of Usain Bolt!), Paul & Jane F joined me and when both waders came back of course we enjoyed Ferguson views with the Fergusons! We were able to get some shots especially when they settled in the north- eastern corner.

No comments: