Sunday 1 May 2022

White Stork at Corton Long Lane

On Saturday 24 April reports of a White Stork flying north from Suffolk had me initially statioed along Gunton Cliff, when it was then seen from Carlton Marshes I travelled to Somerleyton before it was seen at Corton, so I joined James B at Stirrups Lane where I just missed it, walking down to check a field south east from the Sewage works where the Stork may have landed It hadn't) revealed 2 singing Lesser Whitethroats. A tweet from Rob H that it was flying over his house towards ours had me driving back home no sign there but at 12.48pm whilst travelling north along seen from Millenium Way I could seen the excellent White Stork circling very low just above tree top height at Corton Long Lane and it appeared to go north. I drove to Corton long lane and rang James W saying it was heading towards in fact the bird flew north.

No comments: