Sunday 1 May 2022

Carlton Marshes trio of Ring Ouzels & record 7 Shore Larks

On Saturday 30 April, Walking out to the Lookout Hide from Carlton Marshes again I couldn't see any Ring Ouzels in the bushes behind the Wildlife look Out hide, I could see Andrew E and some people by the Elms so I joined them and almost immediately a female Ring Ouzel flew up and perched on a distant bush, later 2 female Ring Ouzels flew and perched on the loser bush. Andrew saw a female Large Red Damselfly on some vegetaion and I took some shots. After everyone had left, some irresponsible dog walkers with a British Bulldog flushed all 3 Ring Ouzels up from the field, the 2 female Ring Ouzels perched on in the nearest bush one female showed well. Finally walking back a male Orange Tip showed well briefly by the path in front of Spratt's Water. Later at Kessingland by the shore pool just south I saw the fine group of 7 Shore Lark (a record flock for me as I have not seen more than 3 together before!) feeding and gradually flying south I also saw a brief female Wheatear, over the ridge on the beach but when I went to investigate and get some pics, she had disappeared!

No comments: