Wednesday 25 May 2022

Hickling again

On Tuesday 24th May, after work a lovely sunny evening, I drove to Hickling and walked along the northern perimeter of Brendon's Marsh, unfortunately I just missed a Caspian Tern that was seen 2 minutes before I got there, it flew off at 6.20pm just as I was starting my walk up. Not much seen from the viewing platform, so I walked to the end and looking south in a gap to a marsh behind the excellent White- tailed Plover was seen in the gap between an island and reeds, it fed and then walked behind the island, before it was again seen standing on one leg sleeping for a while. meanwhile a cacophony of bugling led to a Crane flying up from the reeds and then down again and the 3 fine Cranes flew in and settled in the reedbed. Several 4 Little Ringed Plovers and 6 Ringed Plovers seen. neil M said there was a Red Kite behind us and sure enough a Red Kite flew past. A fine Chestnut ruffed male Ruff seen.

No comments: