Monday 20 September 2021

Gunton goodies

On Monday 20th September my choice of after work birding from 5.25pm, (while I still can this autumn) shifted from Carlton Marshes to Gunton ORT, on a glorious golden sunny evening, light was perfect for photography and I walked up to the southern end of the Gunton ORT and immediately the excellent Spotted Flycatcher flew into the southern most Oak and showed well for half a minutes before flying off, later I went back and saw the bird sat in sunlit bush posing beautifully before I could focus on the bird, a dog ran up to me and started barking like it had rabies or something and the poor startled bird flew off, I was not happy. I walked down the edge of the Gunton burial ground and saw a glorious male Redstart in only slightly subdued plumage from his summer finery, it perched on top of a bush before flying down, walking down carefully I joined James W, we saw it briefly again before walking back south along the edge of the Gunton ORT & the burail ground and we had glimpses of the Spotted Flycatcher hunting within a large Oak. Finally a Green Woodpecker was heard. I rang the Building company responsible for trashing our back fences and I will be ringing them again tomorrow if I don't get an immediate response, this is very poor practice when you build a homes you don't expect to have your fences trashed and I want the hole in the fence made good immediately (ie. 4 new fence panels a like for like replacement) is the least I will accept or I will be taking this further!

No comments: