Saturday 4 April 2020

Black Redstart duo at Gunton

On 4th April 2020, having had the bikes repaired at Halfords, I cycled to Gunton and at the Burial ground I walked along the path by the Gunton ORT from Hubbards Loke, halfway down a bird flew up and settled in a bush, expecting it to be a Dunnock, I was very pleasantly surprised to see it was the excellent female Black Redstart, it perched here for several minutes and then flew towards the small trees planted. Walking back in the south-east corner, the female Black Redstart seen was incredibly joined by a second female Black Redstart by the small trees and the bench where it was perched briefly. A Robin briefly joined them too. The 2 Black Redstarts flew along the southern hedgerow bordering Hubbards Loke. Meanwhile I heard a male Blackcap singing right in front of me and it eventually showed itself showing a nice blackcap. I cycled over to Corton Woods and 5 Chiff- Chaff heard and 1 seen, 2 Long- tailed Tits were seen gathering feathers in their bills for a nest being built in the north section deep in a bramble bush. A couple of showy Robin and Wren seen too, before my hours was up and I had to cycle back to conclude my allotted exercise bike ride.

No comments: