Thursday 28 December 2017

No luck today

From 1pm to 4pm I tried to locate the Snow Bunting/s along Lowestoft North seawall. Not knowing exactly where it was, I tried all along the seawall and Ness Point seeing one fine Purple Sandpiper on the rocks near the compass but it was sadly all too brief before it flew south. I have yet to see a Snow B in 2017 having tried several times to see one/ several. On the North Denes, 18 Linnet flew about, I also checked near the bouy and met some birders who said 3 had been seen earlier just south of the caravan park. There were people dog walkers everywhere. I also met a dog walker (his dog was on a lead, good man) who said he'd just seen 2 near the boy but they'd just been flushed by a dog walker. Needless to say I didn't it/ them when I tried there again. Amongst the 18 BH Gulls were 2 Herring Gulls both adults and 1 Common Gull.

No comments: