Thursday 5 January 2017

2nd Jan Bank Holiday Monday

In the morning on Monday 2nd January, along the Halvergate road, I eventually parked by the start of the concrete road heading east near Halvergate village, looking south by farm building first 2 then another 2 birds flew in totally 4 Cattle Egrets by the farm. I tried to get closer but other birders blocked access and I lost my parking space so I had to leave reluctantly. Driving to Buckenham, a lorry was blocking the road so I had to abandon my attempt to see Taiga Beans and my other planned birding in East Norfolk ,for the first time in 8 years. At Oulton Marshes , walking out to the rail line, I got caught in a sudden shower, sheltering under a tree from the rain, it suddenly brightened and just south of the platform, a group of 8 Bearded Tits showed well this time in the reeds east of the path, only 2 of their number were males. These showy birds seen albeit in a breeze, attracted the attention of 2 photographers. walking out to the usual field, the Short- eared Owl was seen flying around the field, before hunting further afield.

No comments: