Sunday 29 May 2016

Carlton Marshes: Birds, Butterflies, Dragonflies & Interloper!

On Friday 27th May at Carlton Marshes tonight 3+ Cuckoo calling constantly and flying around the western end of Spratt's Water, 2 birds in particular were flying around the end bushes and the 3 bushes spied from from the south western path, a Cetti's Warbler sang its explosive song and for once I saw the bird, chestnut coloured and it flew from a bramble down into a dyke. A Kingfisher flew and perched on a vertical stick over the dyke + when I was looking at a male Blackcap in the bushes on the southern side of Spratts Water marsh, as I was looking at male Blackcap going up into a tree and looking distressed, I first heard crashing around and then I spied an interloper trampling all over Spratts Water (well off the footpath) and looking suspiciously into several bushes I think he was after nests or eggs. I challenged him he gestured that we was doing photography but a) when you are peering in a bush parting the foliage with both hands and the camera slung around the left side of your body b) crashing around making a lot of noise c) walking off the path d) disturbing all wildlife trampling on flowers and orchids this is no defence! He walked off quickly and sheepishly, I shouted "Oi" he looked around and bingo, I cold now send a pic of him to Mat. Several Reed Warblers and Sedge Warblers seen too.

No comments: