Tuesday 8 April 2014

An evening trio of Wheatears

There were a trio of fine male Wheatears on the North Denes this evening on Tuesday 8th April, they were feeding on the grass but sadly were pushed from literally pillar to post by the sheer number of people and particularly runners on the North Denes this evening. They flew first along the southern edge of the Denes by the caravan park before they eventually flew north and then the 3 Wheatear were seen around the stone blocks and pipe and eventually they settled on the track near the Links road car park where in the temporary absence of people they lingered for quite some time in the fading light, where I left them undisturbed and free to rest. I have suffered for my art as I had to crawl through a bed of nettles to get close to these Wheatears to photograph them without disturbing them. As I write my legs and knees are still tingling pins and needles from the nettle stings, see the photos below to see if it was worth it!

No comments: