Tuesday 1 May 2012

Trio of Mountain Blackbirds

Arriving at the Gunton Church field at 5pm (I'd left work an hour early because I had to work in the evening from 6.30pm), I saw Nicholas B walking north along the eastern edge and I followed until half way out when scanning across I could see a Wheatear and pale female Ring Ouzel fly out from the oak tree in the middle and it hunted in an area just north of a blue post. walking back to Hubburd's Loke, we scoped the smaller puddle and the Fieldfare was back along the water's edge. Nearby, Nicholas spotted the Ring Ouzel, or was it? This bird was a very well marked female Ring Ouzel, Nicholas scanned back to the middle of the field at 5.20pm and sure enough the pale female Ring Ouzel was still there, so there were definately 2 female Ring Ouzels! Around 8 Swallows seen here too, flying low over the fields. We also heard the scolding call of a lesser Whitethroat coming from the direction of the Gunton old rail track. At Corton Old rail track, little seen initially until I crossed behind the Sallows and a "chacking" female Ring Ouzel flew away. My third of the day. Finally returning home at 8.05pm I heard the call of a House Martin safely nestled within one of the three nests under the roof eaves, welcome home!

No comments: