Monday 30 April 2012

Wet weekend, sunny day Monday!

Having to take Jenny to the Garage at Gorleston for 8am today, I confined myself to checking Gorleston Cliffs and the golfcourse, 1 Wheatear seen at the latter plus 3 flying up over the cliff edge, an overflying Swallow plus 3 Whitethroats singing out of view in the scrub at the base. Finally walking back, a male Wheatear flew south over the beach my fifth of the morning. Popping into Yarmouth cemetary after work I headed for the SW corner of the south section, Phil H told me to head for the Hawthorne tree in the SW corner as I was walking there a super immature male Pied Flycatcher (black upperparts with brown in the wing) flew to a bare tree, flicking about it flew to the Hawthorne wheere it was joined by the female Pied Flycatcher. After 10 minutes the sun dipped and I drove to Gorleston cliff trying to see the 7 Poms, no luck. Too windy also at Baker's score (no poms here either) so I joined Andrew E, Paul & Jane and we saw 2 Sandwich Tern flying north 34 Common Scoter (half males) flying north, 2 adult Gannet also north plus a singleton Arctic Skua flying south. Meanwhile on the rock in front of the compass, 3 summer plumaged Purple Sandpipers fed and posed well for the camera. Finally at Gunton I looked in the Church field, no sign of any Thrushes again.

No comments: