Sunday 15 April 2012

Showy Ouzel

Early morning today, 7.30am, I was down by the east side of the Oval rushing around when I viewed from the western end the Ouzel was out on show, there was a birder looking there but incredibly a noisy spate between 2 dog owners right alongside where the Ouzel was flushed it off for some 30 minutes. Later I saw the fabulous male Ring Ouzel on the grass very close to the wall, only one problem, the views were obscured by the bushes and the nets used for cricket practice but I finally managed some shots. Later it moved to the north east corner of the Oval and fed in a shady area. In the afternoon, a visit to Carlton Marshes, on the way to Spratts water I heard 2 singing Willow warblers, 1 showed well singing from near the top of a bush and seeing Dick we eventually relocated the Great Grey Shrike perched in one of the 3 bushes near the path intersecting the west section of Share marsh. The Shrike was very mobile.

No comments: