Monday 23 April 2012

Fisher Row Vicar

After being told rather aggressively by the Vicar not to park at the car park at the top of Fisher Row, I always thought some spaces had been reserved unofficially by the entrance slope for visitors of the SWT reserve, I parked in a nearby road and wondered what else this weekend was going to throw at me? I have never had any trouble parking in 30 years of visits to this site, which used to my regular patch, but I shall now park in Noel road in future. On my return, I noted a newly stapled A4 sheet to the previous blank sign asking people not to park here at weekends. 3 Grasshopper Warblers were heard reeling during the walk one by the horse stable before the railway line, one on the marsh just over the railway line and one by the marsh by the river. walking around to the lagoon, joining an ever cheerful Don, Gwen and Morris. We saw a House Martin fly overhead and north. Several Chiff- Chaff and Willow Warblers were heard plus a Sedge Warbler singing just the over side of the dyke by the parallel path. A Cetti's Warbler was heard singing its explosive song and seen flying away. Morris spotted a Green- veined White that settled in green foliage by the horse stable. Finally, a Chiff- Chaff fed by the side of the path a few feet in front of us.As it turned out the Vicar did me a favour by asking me to move, as I walked back to Noel road, where I had subsequently parked a stunning lemon- yellow Brimstone flew by and towards Fisher Row. carlton marshes, walking towards Whitecast marsh, past the first long dyke by the bush, a male Whitethroat was seen singing initially deep in cover it did show itself briefly. Further along 2 Peacock butterflies were seen on the path. finally a rattling Mistle Thrush flew to the very top of a tree. by the start of the entrance hill/ car park. Willow Warbler heard singing from Fallowfields/ Parkhill Hotel grounds again.

No comments: