Friday 4 November 2011

South Wales


On a strictly family trip to South Wales recently, I saw a calling Nuthatch was in a tree opposite LL Lodge front door as I arrived and up to 2 Nuthatch seen around here all week. I did manage 2 visits down to Cymisfael stream and fields and saw the Dipper by the bridge which I was able to photograph as I sneaked up close to it. A Stonechat was also seen on a distant tree. A Nuthatch in a tree flew into a bush.
The second visit to Cymisfael stream after some heavy rain, revealed a torrent of water rushing along the stream and I wasn't surprised not to see any Dipper this time but the walk revealed 3 Fieldfare and around 10 Redwing too. Plus 5 spiralling Buzzards over the fields here and 2 Ravens too. A Red kite was seen circling over the fields by the Llanddarog turn off.
On a visit to Cefngoleu I was able to show my nephew a distant Red Kite, calling Nuthatch which was seen in a close tree and a very confiding Red Admiral seen on the patio in the back garden, which even flew onto Alfie's shoulder and leg!
Finally, on the return journey, 3 Red Kites flew over the east bound Reading services by the M4.

No comments: