Sunday 11 September 2011

Lowestoft Denes

A brief seawatch this afternoon at Ness Point was just that all sea and no birds! My usual type of seawatch I'm afraid.
I saw Robert Win in the distance, but sadly he quickly disappeared.
One Red Admiral seen by the Apple tree in Arnold's walk
On the groynes, 2 Common Tern and 2 Sandwich Tern perched on one groyne.
Walking along the seawall, 2 Wheatears flew onto western edge and then onto the Denes, one flew way over but one stood on a parallel path near the sea wall and I was able to creep closer and obtain a couple of good photos. A Red Admiral was seen on the bramble just north of the Oval.
I then saw Nick B on the North Beach and although we were unsuccessful in seeing sea slugs (although Nick had seen one earlier) we did see an adult winter- plumaged Mediterranean Gull flew south.

No comments: