Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sorry Sotterley saga continues


A visit this morning to Sotterley revealed 2 sightings of calling Nuthatches one by the Dell and 1 north- west of the church. Whilst a flock of 9 Fieldfare flew north over the Dell. It was nice to see a few Primroses flowering around the Dell. Hearing reports of up to 5 Hawfinches being seen at the Dell, I'd settle for just 1, but rather predictably again I struggled to see any Hawfinches (what a surprise!). I've only ever seen 1 bird in about 30 attempts and I never did get to see the Woodpeckers here either. This site has taken over from Breydon Water (where I have done rather well recently) as the site where I have dipped the most (ie. not seen the birds I was expecting to see ie. in this case Hawfinches). I could never be year lister rushing after different species to see in one year,with my luck I just wouldn't see some of the birds I was expected to see.

No comments: