Monday 28 June 2010

Parus Major in the Bathroom!

We woke up this morning at at about 6.50 am and on hearing a strange scratching noise eminating from the bathroom, Jenny & looked at each other and I was delegated to investigate. I looked in, and incredibly saw a young Great Tit, perched on the lip of the window sill, half in and half out of the sill, with its head down apparently feeding on something, which I can only assume was an insect. I quietly closed the door and quickly went downstairs to retrieve my camera but sadly was too late as it had gone when I re-entered the room.
In the garden over the last few days and particularly this morning the garden and the feeders in particular have been alive with families of young Blue Tits, Great Tits, Greenfinches and Collared Dove in evidence as well as a young Wood Pigeon too.

No comments: