Monday 21 December 2009

A Surreal Experience!

I never thought I'd encounter wildlife whilst opening up the laptop computer and especially not during a cold snap in winter, but when I did so tonight, at 5.50pm, I encountered a 10 spot Ladybird perched on the keyboard, complete with yellow legs! I'll post a photo of it soon. The Ladybird was released unharmed into the conservatory.
UPDATE 6/1/10- The ladybird was seen again in the Lounge & having measured it and downloaded an ID chart of native & non native Ladybirds from the British ladybird Society website I can now correct my initial mis-identification the ladybird has a domed appearance, it is 8mm long and has 18 spots on its orange wings. It is the dreaded Harlequin, an invader from Asia and most unwelcome to these shores & our house!

No comments: